Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible to participate? The First Tee of Greater St. Louis is open to any child 7-18 years of age.
- Do participants need their own golf clubs? No. We provide clubs, balls, tees and any other equipment they might need. However, participants may bring their own golf clubs if they prefer.
- How much does it cost? Parents pay $50 (per child) for an 8 week session. In addition, attendance requirements MUST be met and participants must adhere to The First Tee Code of Conduct in order to receive credit for completing a class.
- How do you register for classes? Parents/Guardians must complete an online registration form for each child. All new participants must register for the PLAYer level class. Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- How long does it take to go through the program? Classes are conducted in 3, 8-week sessions and generally meet once a week for 1-2 hours at a time. Members advance to different levels of The First Tee Program (PLAYer, Advanced PLAYer, Par, Advanced Par, Birdie, Eagle and Ace Levels) at their own pace. This advancement depends on factors such as age as well as a member’s understanding and application of the required golf and life skills at each level.
- Can anyone use the practice facilities at The Highlands, Eagle Springs, MO Bluffs, or Stonewolf? No. The facilities are designated for use by The First Tee members.
- How do you become a The First Tee of Greater St. Louis member? Anyone who enrolls in a PLAYer level class or higher will earn membership.
- Who do you contact for additional information about The First Tee of Greater St. Louis? Our administrative offices are located at 5163 Clayton Drive in Forest Park. To contact us, call 314-533-6400 or email email@example.com.